Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Hundred

For the last three weeks, I have made some pretty major lifestyle changes. For one I'm eating healthy. To be more specific, I'm on a diet. Luckily for me I like healthy foods as much as unhealthy ones or at least almost as much. I do tend to "miss" certain things that I am currently not eating after a while. Usually this is where my weight loss fails to continue and generally the tide comes back in, bringing the fat with it.  So far I have lost fifteen pounds. This brings me to my second lifestyle change which is exercise. I get up at 4:45 AM every morning during the week and head to the gym. I have done this for a while in the past and after a while it has failed. Something is different this time. Something kicks me out of bed every morning. Something makes me say no to a cheeseburger and a milkshake. That something is inspiration and for me it comes in two sources. Certainly the biggest inspiration is our Father in Heaven to which I have prayed to give me strength and determination. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me. Philippians 4:12-13. So far he has answered my prayers and then some. The other source of inspiration is earthly. This post is a dedication to him.

Normally I don't mention anyone's real name for obvious reasons but in this case I am, because Tommy wants me to. He has reached a milestone that he's proud of and he should be. I'm proud of him. Tommy Keener has lost 100 pounds as of this morning. I asked him how long it took and coincidently it is the same as my goal: One Hundred pounds in two years. His favorite answer when people ask him how he did it is "I don't eat so much" and as true as that may be the fact is he has worked his butt off for two years, literally. I saw him work like an animal today to get that last and final pound. Obviously the closer you get to the goal, the harder it gets. You have to keep pushing yourself. I'm up for that now. Tommy was about the same size as me when he started. Today, as Tommy would say, "not so much".

This morning Tommy Keener, the tall slender fellow he has become, is probably walking around eating a donut calling everyone "chubby" or "biggun". He has earned the right to do so if you ask me. Good job Tommy and God bless!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow thanks vic. Its crazy that I am so excited about you taking charge and changing our life. I can already see a change in you. Oh yea did I mention I lost 100 lbs.