Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rock the Vote!

Since I have been old enough to vote, I have been pretty good about doing my civic duty in doing so. In that time, I have never been to the place I am now as a voter. I'll admit I have pretty much been Republican to the bone but have never been so blind to not know the right candidate. Today however, I am without a party. Republicans and Democrats alike have ruined the foundation of our nation. Their primary focus being overpowering each other rather than uniting to strengthen our country is exactly what's wrong with our nation. When our forefathers wrote our constitution, they did a pretty darn good job of putting together a doctrine that would have longevity. The Bill of Rights soon followed which essentially allows updates as our world changes. So look at us now. Is this what our forefathers envisioned for our government? Did they see the mudslinging, the corruption, the stagnation of government response to do what is right, what is best for our nation?

I've not yet voted here in Georgia, although many have. Last night while on "The Facebook" and Chatting it up with my Uncle Bobby, discussions went in this direction. Specifically, in reference to our candidates for Governor, I said we don't have anyone worthy of a vote. Fact is, WE DON"T!! It sort of felt that way in this past Presidential election as well and with good warrant. So what do we do? Why vote? Who gets my vote? The lesser of two evils? That is Exactly what Ive been doing for years now. What's wrong?

The answer is simple. We should re-name our country "The States", because we are no longer worthy of calling ourselves "United", one nation under God. Lawyers and today's media are modern day witchdoctors, ,or spin doctors if you will, that have manipulated us as a country, as a culture, as humans, as Christians. Even those that are of other religious factions have suffered. It's not as we are divided from one state to the next, but from individual to individual. The political bickering bleeds out of Congress and into the streets where we pick up the fight and become divided. Fact is folks that after the election is over, we are supposed to shake hands and UNITE to work on our country. Instead we are so busy working on our OWN agenda as soon as the election is over, we start throwing rocks for the next election. It makes me sick at my stomach.

So, what do we do? I'll go back to my discussion with my Uncle Bobby and his response to my question, "Who do we vote for"?. He said the most brilliant thing I've heard in a long time and it is so simple. I quote:
  "Just use the write in ballot and write down GOD." Wow!! So THAT is EXACTLY what I'm going to do!!

Now before you worry about me running off and bombing any abortion clinics let me put your mind at ease. I'm no extremist. But I am ready to take our country back. I'm ready to give it back to God. Let's consider what it would look like if EVERY Christian wrote down God on the write in for every election. How many would God win?? What would our government do with that? Likely they will give the position to the person with the next highest amount of votes. However, it would send the loudest message to our government that our country has ever seen or heard: We are fed up with your political bull crap, we want God running our country again. NOW!!

Vote for God for Governor of Georgia - his record and resume is the only perfect one in existence.

No comments: